Links - organisations, publications and trade
- Photographic organisations, alliances and
Internationale de l'Art Photographique (FIAP) An alliance of
the various international photographic federations.
Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) An alliance of
the various UK photographic federations and other similar groupings.
Scottish Photographic Federation (SPF) The parent body for Scottish
Royal Photographic Society (RPS) Learn all about the RPS here.
Edinburgh Photographic Society The largest photographic society in Scotland, and organiser of one of Scotland's only
two major international print exhibitions (the other is organised by the SPF (see above).
- Photographic magazines and resources
Photo Magazine An online magazine and comprehensive resource
Journal of Photography The magazine for professionals, but with
plenty to interest the amateur too.
- Digital Photography Resource Guide A compendium of useful resources for all aspects of digital photography.
Magazine A must for Canon users.
NZ photographic web site is a large resource of links to just
about anything to do with photography.
National Science & Media Museum formerly The National Museum of Photography,
Film & Television.
- Silvershotz The International Journal of Contemporary Photography.
- Photographic workshops & holidays
There are many photographic holiday specialists, but I only include here those of which I have personal experience and can recommend.
- Bruce Percy Photographic Workshops Run by Bruce Percy, in a variety of locations both in Scotland and overseas.
- Colin Prior Workshops on landscape in a variety of locations in Scotland.
- Freespirit Images Nick Jenkins (see entry under the Photographers set of links) also runs photographic holidays in the UK.
- HF Holidays Originally a walking holidays specialist, they do a range of photographic holidays all over the UK with different guest tutors.
- Inverglen Photography Inverness based in a comfortable guest house; small groups ably run by John Frid.
- Lakeland Photographic Holidays Run by John Gravett, based in comfortable accommodation near Keswick. Also organises photo-holidays in overseas locations.
- Open Studio Workshops Set up by Adrian Hollister and Eddie Ephraums, they run a series of outcome based workshops, primarily set in their Open Studio workshp centre overlooking Loch Ewe, and sometimes in other klocations as well in the Highlands and Islands.
- Quiet Landscapes Margaret Soraya's landscape retreats ('workshops'). Visiting many locations mainly in Scotland, especially the outer islands.